This heart shaped cast iron skillet is sure to please in more ways than one. Not only is it great for pancakes, but it is useful for miniature cakes, eggs, cornbread, omelets and other baked goods. So, we hope you give this heart shaped cast iron skillet for your heart shaped pancakes and we have just the recipe for that – see below for a quick but delicious recipe. Es maravillosa! ?
Cast Iron ToolsYou Will Need:
1 or 2 medium heart shaped cast iron skillet
1 small silicone spatula
1 medium mixing bowl
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 1/4 cup Milk
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil or Butter
2 Tbsp Sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp Lemon Extract
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together your dry ingredients.
- Melt your coconut oil or butter.
- Add in your wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Heat your heat shaped cast iron skillet on medium heat.
- Once skillet is ready, usually in 2 to 3 minutes, pour in pancake batter until half full.
- Let pancake cook for a little under a minute or until bubbles start to form on surface.
- Once bubbles start to form through out the surface of your pancake, get your silicone spatula or any spatula that is small enough to fit along the side wall of your skillet and gently flip the pancake over and let cook until golden brown.
- Keep your pancakes warmed in a 200°F oven until ready to serve.
- Serve with butter and warm maple syrup with a side of fruits for a really delicious breakfast treat – fresh sliced mangoes, blueberries, strawberries, make excellent side options for this meal.
Heart shaped pancakes really add an extra touch of love when it comes to breakfast and will make a great addition to meal planning for special occasions such as upcoming Valentine’s Day.
So, do give this recipe a try and let us know what you think. We would love to hear from you, so leave a comment in the comments section below and be sure to share our page with others you think would love to give it a try.