Today we are sharing with you all our version of this Sesame Brittle Candy Snack recipe adopted from the site referenced below.
We really enjoy this snack and wanted to adopt to it to fit our desired taste. So, feel free to take a look at our variation of this recipe & give it a try, but be sure to let us know what you think in the comment section, we would love to know whether you like it as much as we do.
1 cup sugar
1/8 cup honey
1 cup Sesame seeds (slightly toasted or untoasted or half of each)
2-3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp of water
2 tsp butter
Pinch of salt
Pinch of nutmeg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (high quality)
Pinch of cardamom (optional)
1/4 tsp baking soda
- Combine cup of sugar with honey, brown sugar, a tablespoon of water, a pinch of nutmeg, a pinch of cardamom, along with a pinch of salt.
- Mix well until well combined and mixture begins to look syrup like. Then add in vanilla extract and butter. Mix well.
- Add in toasted Sesame seeds (see below for instructions) or raw Sesame seeds if you prefer (you can also go half and half – toasted and untoasted for a blend of flavors). Mix well until all seeds are coated and well incorporated into the caramelized sugar mixture. Mixture will turn a slightly darker amber color once done.
- Remove mixture from heat source and spread out mixture into a ¼ inch thick layer onto a parchment lined cast iron skillet or griddle.
- Let cool for 20 minutes. Then with a wooden spatula or a butter knife, make rows in the slightly warm mix. Let cool all the way and break into pieces along the row indentations.
Directions for toasting Sesame Seeds:
Toast the sesame seeds in a cast iron skillet by putting in a 350⁰F preheated oven for 5 minutes.
After, 5 minutes, stir sesame seeds to prevent burning of the seeds at the bottom and let seeds toast another 5 minutes then add to your mixture.
Our recipe was adopted from this recipe.