Looking for a hearty breakfast egg omelette recipe, then look no further, because we have come up with one of the best egg omelette recipe for you to try using your favorite cast iron pan.
It is great for indoor cooking because you can easily pop it in the oven. Or, if you would like a more flavorful omelette with some smoky flavor added to it, you can simply cook it outdoors over some charcoal lit fire or wood fire.
Alternatively, you can add a splash or two of liquid smoke to give the effect of cooking outdoors, but nothing more than 1/8 of a teaspoon to keep it from over powering the flavors of the other ingredients.
10 duck eggs or large chicken eggs
1/2 Green Bell Pepper
1/2 Red Bell Pepper
1/4 cup finely diced Spring Onions
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp seasoning salt
A pinch of pink salt
2 large garlic cloves (3 small cloves will work as well)
5 strips of cooked bacon (crumbled into pieces)
1/2 cup ham (diced)
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
1/4 cup grilled chicken (chopped)
2 Tbsps water (optional)
5 to 8 Fresh Basil leaves (optional)
A pinch of White Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 305 degrees Fahrenheit with your cast iron pan in it. Leave pan in the oven to preheat for 10 minutes. Slice your bell peppers and onions. Meanwhile, combine all your ingredients.
2. Add seasonings and any other spices or seasonings you may desire.
3. Pour mixture into your favorite deep cast iron pan.
4. Bake at 305 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. If cooking over an open fire, then make sure to pay close attention to your omelette. Typically 8 to 10 minutes on open flames will do.
5. Serve with your favorite pancake or French toast or any meal of your choosing. You can also enjoy this meal as is as it contains meats that can help provide a more filling meal.