Shuku Shuku is basically coconut balls or coconut macaroon like dessert. Popular in West Africa, in particular Nigeria, this coconut dessert will satisfy any coconut lover’s desire. It is chewy, sweet, and can serve as a quick sugar fix for any coconut lover with a sweet tooth.
This bite size treat is highly addictive and super easy to make so we hope you will choose to give it a try and make a part of your regular line up of home made snacks or treats.
1 1/4 cup sweet coconut flakes or chaff
4 1/2 Tbsp extra fine sugar or Caster Sugar
1/4 cup Coconut flour
3 egg yolks
1. Preheat oven to 350⁰F or 175⁰C for approximately ten minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, mix coconut flakes, sugar, and egg yolks.
3. With a small scoop, scoop out half dollar sized ball of your coconut mix and set aside in a baking pan.
4. Roll each bal into coconut flour and place onto a baking sheet 2 to 3 inches apart.
5. Bake in preheated oven for about 18 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Enjoy with your favorite cup of Java or Tea and savor every delicious bite. This treat is absolutely tasty and super delish so don’t shy away from giving it a try and let us know what you think in the comments section below.
For Your Enjoyment Always and…. Happy Snacking!
Note: coconut chaff or flakes is simply grated fresh coconut meat of a matured coconut.